Jul 5, 2009

Stop. Sit. Muse.

Working for a church has its benefits. On the bright side of the spectrum, you find yourself reflecting on who you are in this world. Why you exist and why you're creating music. On the other end, however, you find yourself locked in conversations:

"Ugh. I feel sick. Do I look sick, Father Jon?"
"Eh, no more than usual."

Is it any wonder why I find myself questioning existence? Long answer, Probably. Short answer, no.

I'm a big fan of using all 2% of my brain, so for this fine day, I'll advise you to do the same. If you don't use it, you lose it. And that's something that rhymes, which is what all musicians should strive for. Rhyming lyrics. That and unexpected usage of name dropping. The more obscure the better, trust me. You want your target to be more bewildered than Ian Astbury's lyrics.
-Rimshot-


Enjoy yourselves today. And don't forget where you came from.


~Doc

No comments:

Post a Comment