Aug 2, 2009

Grabbing Thoughts of the Restless Mind

As I write this,

Or rather, as I strain to write this,

I've got a fair enough amount of thought processes (Processi sounds so much better, but is, alas, not gramatically correct) shooting back in forth in my head.

How much does one have to think before they can be considered "Clinically crazy"?

Or is it that he who doesn't think is the crazy one?

I can't tell, and I'm certain this is a bit too much for the sane mine to take in.

Certainly, that can't be true. Take into consideration the bright psychologists in this world. Are they the crazy ones? Probably not.

Fact of the matter is, we can't fathom to comprehend that which is out of our grasp.

Example time:

Can someone love someone who isn't there?

This question poses many, but I've been looking at all sides of this proverbial variable.

1) Yes. Someone can love some who isn't there. Love is beautiful and mysterious enough to transcend all borders, barrieres and limits, so yes one could effectively love anyone or anything, regardless of its/his/her presence.

2) Yes, but that person isn't necessarily loving the person him/herself, but the memories of experiences shared with this person. This is simply the act of rememberance or honor, and not necessarily love of that person.

3) No. Love is fostered by care, togetherness, and commonalities, such as time spent doing similar things with each other. If the person you really love isn't there for you when you need them most, it's only harmful, and you'll end up being a hopeless looney. Attachment to a person can effectively damage oneself, and this isn't love but obsession

Which answer is right? Of course, this isn't the SAT of compassion and care, so I don't know the answer, nor can I say that my resolve of this question is the right one:

Quid Pro Quo is a latin expression meaning "Something for something". It can be determined as gratification, be it instant or in the long term, but nonetheless is something I keep thinking about. When you love someone (Memories, conversations, anything to do with them), you remember them. They impacted you in some way profoundly, and you care about them for as long as you humanly can.

Say, that after time passes, you see less and less of this person. They're busy with other problems, and suddenly find themselves trapped in their own muddle of reality, too busy for others. Contact has been cut off, and no new memories can be formed and new experiences can't be shared. You still love this person, though. And that lives on, because love is patient. More than that, love is ever-present. In this sense, Quid Pro Quo shows itself again.

If you remember this person every day, and still care about them, they feel it.

I have no clue how, but in time, they come back to you, very happy that you never forgot about them. And they will have many new things to share with you.

Does a certain person come to my mind?

Yes. Several. I feel like I have the capacity to love many people, and care about them in a deep profound way. Certainly not always romantically, but I care. And I try my best to always remember them.

However, to conclude this long-winded thought, I've got one person who I haven't talked to in a while. Who I miss.

A lot.

And I hope she's doing fine. Certain medical procedures take time to heal, and I'm sure she's toughing it out.

Who am I to say she isn't reading this now? It's a public blog. And I'm sure more read it than I think. Which is why I'm glad to share this thought.

I am happy. You should be too.

-Joy Sinews


No comments:

Post a Comment